UPCOMING EVENT: Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT
Join us on Zoom to learn 12 proven paths to happiness and simple strategies you can start today!
Advice abounds online, in books, television and other popular media on how to be happy, but how do we know what actually works? In this presentation, a wellbeing educator and coach breaks down 12 scientifically-proven strategies for building happiness from the field of positive psychology andoutlines simple practices to create more peace, joy and contentment in our lives.
Research shows that a large part of our happiness comes from the intentional activities that we have
control over – the things we do, how we think, and what we feel. After participating in this enlightening talk, attendees will be equipped with dozens of practical approaches – big and small – that will bring more happiness to their days.
Visit us on FACEBOOK and view the event page for updates and Zoom link!
Speaker Bio: Rebecca Byers is a health promotion & wellbeing educator, coach and solopreneur. In her business, Thrive, she helps women Live Well & Be Happy through personal development and wellbeing programs, coaching, resources and events based on positive psychology. Rebecca has over 15 years of experience in health promotion research and education, certificates in positive psychology and coaching, and a life-long love of all things related to personal development, achievement and wellbeing. She lives in one of Waterloo Region’s small towns and finds happiness through yoga, trail walks, personal growth books and podcasts, and planning fun activities to enjoy with friends and family. www.livewellbehappy.ca
Welcome back, KWBWA!
After a short summer break we are resuming our wonderful networking group. I am excited to say that I will be serving as President for this term. I look forward to the year ahead. I didn't have much time to get to know everyone before the lockdowns, so I'm hoping that at some point we can resume regular in-person lunches so I have the opportunity to learn more about everyone. In my short time with this group I have seen the power of networking and I look forward to being part of continued growth for all of our represented local businesses.
Thank you to our previous President, Tiffany for setting such a great example. She left some big shoes to fill so I hope I can do the role the justice it deserves.
To a healthy and prosperous year ahead!
President, Kitchener Waterloo Business Women's Association
40th Anniversary Virtual Celebration on ZOOM!
Cheers to 40 years and beyond!
We had past and present members, guests, our #kwbwaliftgift nominees, and even an appearance from MP Bardish Chagger. We gave away a ton of prizes, heard from young entrepreneur Kelly Lovell.
Congratulations to Paty Cholewcznski of Shoreline Glow, the winner of our $1000 Lift Gift!!! AND to ALL the draw winners!!!
Thank you to everyone that joined us!
- Kid's Rooms & The Wonder Years. $50 value. Donated by Joanne Atkins, Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management (Tiffany Rezende)
- Latin Style & Bringing It Home. $50 value. Donated by Joanne Atkins, Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management (Brigitte Gingerich)
- Pair of Fill it Forward water bottles. $50 value. Donated by Sarah Goetz, Fill it Forward (Heather McKague)
- 4 Canaccord Genuity glasses. $40 value. Donated by Schaefer Financial (Kendra Allen)
- Arbonne water bottle and $50 Arbonne gift certificate. Donated by Mary-Lou Lang, Arbonne Independent Sales Consultant (Jessica Micheli)
- $50 gift certificate towards golf lessons with Connie Deckert of Fore U Enterprises. Donated by Hallman Business Forms (Nancy Lulay)
- Basil seeds. Donated by Elizabeth Uffelman Wing of Ontario Seed Company Ltd. (Given to all while supply lasted)
- $25 gift card and a variety of grocery items. Donated by America Latina Grocery & Eatery (Karen Toth)
- Custom Heffner plush blanket. Donated by Karen Savage of Heffner Toyota (Rebecca Byers)
- Conquering Cellulite and a $75 gift certificate for Bioenergetic Intolerance Elimination treatment. Donated by Homeopathy Specialist Delia Simu (Nancy Koebel)
- KWBWA wine tumbler donated by Sharon Sweeney (Dianne Hanford)
- KWBWA wine tumbler donated by Leann Schiel (Karen Savage)
Handmade sterling silver and faceted ruby earrings. Secure lever back hook and hammered circle are simple and stylish. Value $70.00 - designed and donated by KWBWA member, Kristin Moore .
The 40th Anniversary is known as the ruby anniversary. In designing the earrings Kristin naturally chose the ruby gemstone for its symbolic meaning and the round disc to represent the circle of friendship between the members and within the community.
Congratulations to the winner: Carol Frankow.
For over 30 years I have enjoyed the camaraderie of all of the women in the KWBWA. They are a dynamic, wonderful group of women.
The variety of women members, not only in the businesses represented, but the business and personality strengths of each one makes belonging to this organization both beneficial and fun.
As a past president and long standing member of the K-W Business Women's association I can truly say that being part of the KW Business Women's Group has impacted both my career and personal life immensely.
As a newcomer to Canada, I had no idea how to get more clients and how to grow my business until a friend suggested I join this networking group. How lucky I was to join.
Why join the KWBWA
...with successful women in your community
...to help grow your customer/client base
...with diverse business professionals
...learn from other members in the group
...with your knowledge and experience
Grow Your Business
...advertising opportunity through networking
Weekly Lunch Meetings
Our weekly lunches are a chance to connect with our members, have a fantastic meal and listen to a Career Talk, a Career Update, Panel Discussion or an informative address by a guest speaker. Guests are welcome at all of our Weekly Lunch Meetings.
latest blog posts
What an absolute pleasure it was to have an in-person gathering with the #KWBWA. So many smiling faces! Everyone was so happy to reconnect and catch up.
Annmarie Bordin, spoke to us on how to create wealth through real estate investing explaining the fundamentals about real estate investing (creating wealth through real estate investing).
Nadia is joined by Tiffany Dawn, President of KWBWA to talk about the 40th Anniversary celebration and $1,000 Lift Gift.